A place for learning, innovation and expression.
We’re focused on engineering that matters — on providing students with the skills and knowledge needed to bring in the change that’s required, and the courage to do it.
At Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, we value collaboration, community-engaged learning and adaptation to change and strive to develop engineers who are socially and globally aware, understand business and entrepreneurship, are prepared to take on roles and are conscious of the consequences of their work — to society, the environment and the profession.
Engineering has many disciplines and we provide a varied number of programs. Each of our programs combines stellar academic education with practical application, thus ensuring you graduate ready to thrive in this evolving field.
It is a great joy for me to witness the rapid progress of this college within a short span of time. Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology is known for providing eco friendly atmosphere, disciplined culture and techno-campus with using modern teaching-learning methods and effective training and placement records.
I am constantly inspired by the management, which pays close attention to ensure quality and growth of the institution and faculty, who strive hard to monitor, mentor, appreciate and encourage each and every student to overcome their shortcomings and excel in their academic as well as personal life. In turn, our students are determined and committed towards achieving their goals.
As our predecessors, I am very much sure that we will continue this journey in the years to come by producing both intellectually and emotionally sound generation.
EMPOWERING PROFESSIONALS WITH 100% PLACEMENTS
|Nearby Railway station
|HEI Recommended Hotel Details
|Near 97/4 Saradha College main road. Five Roads Junction, Salem
|349/3 Bangalore bypass road, Narasothipatti, Salem
|157/3-A, Bangalore Highway, Mamangam, Tamil Nadu 636302
In which year SSCET was established?
SSCET College is affiliated to which university?
What are the courses offered at SSCET ?
All Courses are run under semester system of the Anna University – Chennai
|Name of the course
|No. of seats
|B.Tech. – Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
|B.Tech. – Information Technology
|B.E. – Biomedical Engineering
|B.E. – Agriculture Engineering
|B.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
|B.E. – Electronics and Communication Engineering
|B.E. – Mechanical Engineering
|M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
What is the meaning of NAAC Accreditation?
National Assessment and Accreditation Council is autonomous body established by UGC of India, to assess and accredit institution of higher education in the country. The quality criteria include the curricular aspects:
- Teaching Learning and Evaluation
- Research consultancy and Extension
- Infrastructure and learning resources
- Students support and progression
- Governance Leadership and Management
- Innovation and Best practices
What is the meaning of NBA Accreditation?
What are the Eligibility criterias for admission in B.E, B.Tech and M.E as per Anna University?
In addition, students must score at least 50% of marks in Class 12 to be eligible for B. Tech admission in engineering colleges across the country. However, students belonging to reserved categories such as SC/ ST will have a relaxation of up to 5% in the minimum qualifying marks.
Candidates seeking ME admissions under the Management Quota must have written one of the entrance tests – CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET. The selection process is based on the scores in the entrance test as well as past academic record and performance at the Group Discussion and Personal Interview organized by the Institution.
What are the facilities you offer at SSCET College?
Located nearby Sankari Railway station, the campus provides an ideal environment for academic excellence.
The facilities are:
- Well stocked Libraries for UG & PG courses
- Well-equipped Laboratories
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Seminar Hall
- Sports complex with indoor and outdoor games facility like Tennis, Basketball, Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Chess, Badminton etc.,
- Well-equipped Gymnasium
- Medical facility,
- Transport facility
- Hostel facility
Is there Transport facility for the students?
Yes, we do provide transport facility to the students.
What documents required at the time of the admission?
- 10th & 12th standard mark statements. (Original and Photo copies)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original and Photo copy)
- Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied (Original)
- Community Certificate (Original) if the selection is based on Community Quota (not applicable for Open Competition selection)
- NCC/NSS Certificate in the prescribed form
- 2 stamp size photos
- Eligibility certificate from the Recognized University for the Candidates who passed qualifying examination other than +2 examination of Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary / CBSE.
- Degree Marks Statements (Semester wise original)
- Provision certificate from the concerned university in case of PG admission/Lateral Entry
- Diploma 5th & 6th Semester mark statements in case of Lateral Entry (Original and Photo copies)
Can I get bank loan for studies?
Yes you can, many of the banks offering loans for Engineering education.
Is there any management quota?
Yes, Management quota for UG Admission based on merit list prepared by Consortium of self-Financing Engineering Colleges. (As per Government & Supreme Court guidelines)
How is the placement @ SSCET College?
To enhance the placement, our college has strong Placement and Training centre which assist each student for their summer internship and placements and doesn’t have to pay anything extra for their trainings.