STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES – Exam Cell
About Examination Cell
The Examination Cell (Exam Cell) is headed by the Examination Cell Coordinator with supporting staffs. The Prime responsibility of Examination Cell is conducting of all examinations (Both Internal and External Exams) in fair and systematic manner under the directions of the Chief Superintendent (Principal) of Examinations. The Exam Cell is well established in terms of infrastructure, computing and printing facilities and modern equipment’s and maintaining the Hard Copies in Files. Examination cell coordinates with the University regarding all examination matters. Any information either received or required to be sent to the University are being dealt with in the Exam cell. The Examination cell functions according to the rules and regulations of the Anna University, Chennai.
The Function of the Examination Cell
- Any Circular, Guideline, Office Order, Notification received by the College are processed in the Examination cell, reply thereof prepared and after Principal’s signature dispatched to the University.
- Examination Notices received from the University are duly served to all concerned.
- The notices for University indicating details regarding fee collection, the last date of fee collection, modalities of payments of fine etc.
- The Examination Cell coordinates the conduct of Internal Examinations as well as University Examinations for all the UG and PG programmes.
- Preparation of smooth conduct of examinations, preparation of time table, invigilation duty chart, seat allotment in the examination halls etc.
- During the examination time, proper staff mobilization, assigning the duty as per the duty chart already prepared.
- After completion of examination, distribution of answer books to the concerned teachers and receiving the answer books and award list, and preparing in the desired format to send them to University.
- After the results of various examinations received from the University, distribution of marks sheets to students.
- The Examination cell analyzes all examination results and in consultation with the Principal, prepares the report thereof for submission to appropriate authorities for follow up action.
- The University Degree Certificates received from the University by the college are sent to the students concerned by the Examination cell.