The Sri Shanmugha College of Nursing for Women was established in 2018 by Sri Shanmugha Educational Charitable Trust to promote quality in Nursing Education. The College is committed to enable the students to achieve and maintain highest standards of the profession in Nursing Education, Practice and Research. The College of Nursing has grown since and now offers five courses.
The Shanmugha College of nursing for women is committed to enable the students to achieve and maintain highest standards of the profession in nursing education, practice and research, which is required to prepare a professional nurse to effectively compete at various levels of health care system in the ever changing world.
“LEARN CARE INSPIRE”
The mission of The Shanmugha college of nursing for women is to establish as a “Center of Excellence” for nursing education through quality approach, professional development and research.
- To learn from the learned
- To enlighten people’s knowledge
- To grow in the field of Nursing
- To serve the community
Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.